Andrea Holtz, School Secretary
- Bachelor of Science, Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, IL
- Zion Lutheran School, St. Charles, MO School Secretary 2020-present
I love my position at Zion. I am so blessed to be able to support administrators, teachers and parents; but also provide love and support for the students.
Jeri Baucom, ASC Director
Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education- University of Missouri-St. LouisSt. Louis
- Zion Lutheran School, St. Charles, MO, 2004 – present
There is a host of challenges that children face from 18 months to 3 years old. I LOVE this age! Even though some believe this to be the TERRIBLE TWOS. I truly believe it should be called the Tremendously terrific (sometimes) terrifying twos. The amount of change and growth I see in the (sometimes) two years I have with these little people is truly amazing!
Julie Kainady, Admissions Coordinator
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing – University of Missouri Columbia
- Masters in Business Education – Lindenwood University
- Fort Zumwalt’s Hope High School, O’Fallon, MO 2006-2008
- Fort Zumwalt North High School, O’Fallon, MO 2008-2010
- Zion Lutheran School – 2016 – present
Shanny Smith, Literacy Program Director
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, RN, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education, University of Missouri-St. Louis
- Colloquy, Concordia University Chicago, River Forest, IL
- Mind, Brain, and Teaching Graduate Certificate from John’s Hopkins University
- Supporting Children with Difficulties in Reading and Writing Course Certificate, University of London
- Zion Lutheran School, 2008-present
I love that I gets to be a part of celebrating successes, and working through struggles with students and families. Providing extra support in the younger grades gives me a chance to watch students grow year to year, and establish deep relationships with both students and families.
Melinda Steinbacher, Physical Education
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, IN
- Capital Lutheran High School West, Arlington VA, 1981-1984
- St. Paul Lutheran, Rockford, IL, 1984-1988
- Zion Lutheran School, St. Charles, MO, 2000- present
I enjoy teaching PE because I loves seeing children be active and to grow in their skills and sportsmanship.
Chris Tomlinson, LASE/Special Education
- Bachelor of Science in Education, Special Education K-12, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
- Master of Arts in School counseling, Lindenwood University, St. Charles, MO
- Fort Zumwalt South Middle School, St. Charles, MO 1992-1994
- The Churchill School, St. Louis, MO 1994-1999
- Lutheran Association for Special Education 1999-present
I love developing relationships with my students and helping them reach their God-given potential. Since I often work with my students over the course of several years, I am blessed to witness first-hand their physical, emotional, academic, and spiritual growth.
favorite bible verse or life verse
“Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send? and who will go for us?’ And I said, ‘Here I am. Send me.’” Isaiah 6:8
Kathryn Crumrine, Classroom Music
- Bachelor of Arts in Music, Northwest Missouri State
- Master of Arts in Education, Lindenwood University
- Parker Montessori School, Parker, CO 1995-1997
- Our Savior Lutheran School, Fenton, MO 1999-2005
- Christ Community Lutheran School, Kirkwood, MO 2004-2012
- Zion Harvester 2014-present
Kristin Holz, Orchestra Teacher
Bachelor Music Education-Concordia University River Forest
- St. Paul Lutheran School- Westlake Ohio
- Oak Park Middle School -Lake Charles, LA
- Zion Lutheran School St. Charles
I loving sharing music with my students. I love watching them get excited and grow in their skills. The best part of being a music teacher is I don’t have to say goodbye to my students after one year, I get to have them advance in higher level groups year after year.
Teresa Thoelke Band
- Bachelor of Art in Elementary Education Concordia University Chicago
- Luscombe Music Store piano teacher 1990-1996,
- Zion Lutheran School 1996-present
Every year there are new kids who have never produced notes on an instrument and it’s fun to watch their faces light up when they are successful. Ages 10-14 are very fun to hang around. Making music is my gift and I love doing it with kids.
Mark Thoelke, Choir Director
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Secondary Education – Concordia University River Forest
- Master’s Degree in Church Music – Concordia University River Forest
- St. Paul Lutheran Church and School, Melrose Park IL, 1989-1996
- Zion Lutheran Church and School, Harvester MO, 1996 – present
My favorite part about being at Zion is leading God’s people in song. I especially enjoy working with my two school choirs: 5th grade choir and junior high choir. It’s great to help them learn songs that not only teach them about God but also praise and thank Him at the same time. There is nothing quite like the angelic voices of children!
Connie Tan, School Nurse
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing- Union College
- Grace Chapel 2013-2015
- Zion Lutheran 2015-2022
I feel blessed that I am in a position to help the Zion children in their time of sickness and need. I enjoy working alongside the teachers to create the very best outcome of wellness for the students.