The Athletic Program is an important part of the educational curriculum at Zion. Athletics provides an opportunity for the student to grow and enhance athletic ability and learn about leadership and team.
The athletic experience will help the student athlete to:
- Exhibit a positive Christian attitude
- Discover and express traits and abilities
- Demonstrate Christian sportsmanship
- Appreciate God’s gift of physical abilities
The program will provide a vehicle for learning:
- Attitudes of responsible team play
- Mental and physical self-discipline
- Personal pride
- Pride in the school
- Respect for the rights of others
- The will to win.
The program will show and prove that hard work and dedication produces results.
Participants are stimulated to develop their God given talents and abilities to their fullest and cultivate a will to win.
Every Practice. Every Game. Every Season.
To find out more about Zion Athletic Schedules check our schedule
To Volunteer for concession stand use the following link to Volunteer Spot
- Zion offers basketball in grades 5th-8th as part of the St. Louis Lutheran Athletic League
- 5th grade also participates in the St. Charles county league
- Our Varsity and Junior Varsity compete in League Championships and our varsity team can qualify for both state and national tournaments
- 3rd/4th grades participate in a smart start basketball league
- 7th/8th (Nov-Feb)
- 5th/6th (Jan-Mar)
- 3rd/4th (Jan-Mar)
- Offered for 8th graders (Mar-April)
- Zion offers cross country for grades Kindergarten-8th
- Distances vary depending on age group
- Compete in state tournament
- Cheerleading is offered for girls in grades 6th-8th
- Season is November-January (February if we qualify for state)
- Compete in end of year cheer meet
- Cheer during basketball games
- Zion offers volleyball in grades 5th-8th as part of the St. Louis Lutheran Athletic League
- Our Varsity and Junior Varsity compete in the League Championship and our varsity team can qualify for the state tournament
- Season goes from August-November
- Zion offers two soccer teams made up of junior varsity (5th and or 6th graders) and varsity (7th-8th grades)
- Soccer participates in St. Louis Lutheran Athletic League and participates in the League Championship
Youth Soccer League
Zion youth soccer is a non-competitive coed program open to all kids from PS4 thru 4th grade. Sign ups are open now and will close July 24th. Cost of league is $65 per player.
Here is the link to register your player – http://lhssc.siplay.com/site/
Practices begin the week of August 14. Coaches will set the weekly practice times and days in coordination with Brandon Marolf.
Games begin on Saturday, August 27, and end on October 22. There will not be any games on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, September 3. If games are cancelled due to weather or field conditions, October 29th will be the make up date.
Games are played on Saturdays at Messiah, Zion, and Lutheran High. For more information contact Brandon Marolf firstname.lastname@example.org.
Track and Field
Zion Track and Field takes place in the Spring. 5th-8th graders are eligible to participate. Athletes compete in City Championships and at Lutheran School Association of Missouri State Track Meet.
Events include: 4 X 100 M relay, 4 X 200 M relay, 100 M dash, 200 M dash, 400 M run, 800 M run, 100 M hurdles, long jump, discus, high jump, shot put, and triple jump
Definition of Teams
- 5th grade
- Everyone participates and playing time is equal
- 6th grade
- Everyone participates playing time is distributed based on effort (everyone plays)
- 7th and 8th graders tryout and if not on varsity are placed on JV less strenuous schedule and opportunity to play
- 7th and 8th graders tryout out and are placed on JV or Varsity
- Varsity is more geared for higher end as preparation for high school
- Playing time is earned.