April 28: What is happening at Zion Lutheran School?
- All Early Learning Program (ELP) and Preschool classes are filled, creating a waiting list. Each grade (K-8) will be comprised of two sections, with nearly forty students in each. Please continue to share the benefits of attending Zion Lutheran School with others; word of mouth continues to be the best way to advertise our awesome school.
- With our chapel offerings, we are purchasing Bibles for Belize. Pastor Reitz, along with Zion members Butch Powley and Dean Purdy, delivered 100 pounds of Bibles during last week’s mission trip. Zion’s children have worked hard to take the Good News of Our Savior to the people of Belize.
- Last week, fifth grade students enjoyed their outdoor education experience at Camp Wartburg in Waterloo, Illinois. Seventh grade students traveled to Jefferson City for a tour of the state capitol building. And of course, the much anticipated eighth grade trip to Kansas City was a highlight for students and chaperones alike.
- Mrs. Becky Reed and her husband David are expecting their first child at the end of May. Mr. Brandon Marolf and his wife Camille recently announced that they are expecting their first child in December. And Ms. Carrie Buerges is engaged to be married this June!
- Wednesday, May 24 Kindergarten closing chapel is set for 2 pm, and eighth grade graduation takes place that evening at 7 pm. The last day of school is Thursday, May 25.
- Kids hear about the love of Jesus every day at Zion. We are blessed!