Zion’s Advent by Candlelight is an annual event for the women of Zion and our community held on the 1st Tuesday in December each year. The evening provides an opportunity to gather together to focus thoughts toward the Advent Season. Each year, the Fellowship Hall is adorned with Christmas decorations and soft candlelight. Hostesses volunteer and decorate their tables with beautiful candlelit table settings. Zion’s men dress up to help serve refreshments as the women enter and enjoy the specially prepared program which is filled with God’s Word and features choir music, soloists and hymns sung by all. At the end of the evening, women enjoy dessert and the opportunity for fellowship with each other.
Join us on DECEMBER 4th, 2018
for another wonderful evening.
Opportunities to volunteer include joining the Advent By Candlelight Committee, helping with the program, and/or hosting a table. All are welcome to attend. For more information, please contact Sally Hartman or Sandy Dietz.
- Benefits for Participating: Spiritual Growth/ Bible Knowledge, Fellowship/ Building Relationships, Opportunities to Use Gifts and Talents
- Who is invited to participate? All women ages 18 and older from Zion, their family members, and those from the community are welcome to join us for this evening of fellowship and reflection.
- How often does the committee meet? Occasionally throughout the year in increasing frequency as the event nears.
- How may I use my gifts and talents? Planning, hostessing, and/or decorating
- Are there any costs associated with participating? No, but an offering is requested at the event to help offset costs and support Zion ministries.