In the fall, Zion sponsors a Wednesday evening family Bible and topical study for the purpose of educating the congregation on how our Christian worldview can be applied to our lives. Topics vary from year-to-year and are selected to address current issues and historical events which have lasting impact. Nursery services are provided for children 2 and younger. The program runs from 7:00-8:00. Members are involved as teachers, children’s leaders, nursery workers, and administrators.
This year we have planned two different series of studies and we would love to have you join us in the sanctuary from 7-8 pm on the following Wednesdays:
September 13: Join us for the viewing of the film “The First Rosa,” a stunning documentary on Dr. Rosa J. Young, Lutheran teacher and missionary who, working alongside the Rev. Nils J. Bakke, started a spiritual revolution in the South by laying the groundwork for some 65 historically black Lutheran schools and congregations.
September 20: Come back for a discussion of “The First Rosa,” led by Rev. Dr. Roosevelt Gray. Dr. Gray serves as director of black ministry for the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
September 27, October 4, 11 and November 1: We’ll study the modern day impact of the Reformation using the Lutheran Hour Ministries video based study.
Come join us for decaf coffee, cookies and fellowship. If you have a nursery age child(ren) who needs care, please contact the church office at least a week before the session so we can arrange it.
- Who is invited to participate? The Ablaze program is open to all. We offer child care and programming during Ablaze so at families and adults of all ages can participate. We are also always in need of people to help with organizational matters, child programming and care, and physical arrangements.
- What benefits may I receive from participating? Spiritual Growth/ Bible Knowledge, Fellowship/ Building Relationships, Opportunities to Serve
- How can I get involved? Ablaze participation can range from participation as an attendee to being involved in the organization of the events.
- What is the time commitment? Ablaze takes place on Wednesday evening in September through early November each fall. The time slot is 7:00-8:00 pm.
- Are there any costs associated with participating? There are no costs and no fund raising activities.
Contact: Don Hugo